Cultural Psychology, Racism, and Social Justice (International and Cultural Psychology) (EPUB)
By Carl Ratner
This book utilizes cultural psychology as a cultural theory and psychological theory capable of explaining and improving social issues. In particular Vygotsky’s cultural-historical psychology, and Ratner’s macro-cultural psychology are invoked to explain racism and mitigate it. This explanation of, and solution to, racism are utilized as a framework for analyzing and refining contemporary movements for racial justice.
Among the topics discussed:
- Macro cultural psychology and Vygotsky’s Marxist cultural-historical psychology
- Differentiating psychological racism from economic racism
- Historical examples of racism during American slavery which reveal their cultural and psychological features
- Cultural-psychological analysis and refinement of Black Lives Matter, racial capitalism, intersectionism, and Ta-Nehishi Coates’ work
Cultural Psychology, Racism, and Social Justice will be of interest to the fields of social policy, social transformation, psychological theory, cultural theory, and history.
- Publisher : Springer; 1st ed. 2022 edition (October 30, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 252 pages
- ISBN-10 : 303114578X
- ISBN-13 : 978-3031145780