Wall & Melzack’s Textbook of Pain, 6th Edition
by Stephen McMahon
2014 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Anaesthesia category!
Apply the latest scientific and clinical advances with Wall & Melzack’s Textbook of Pain, 6th Edition. Drs. Stephen McMahon, Martin Koltzenburg, Irene Tracey, and Dennis C. Turk, along with more than 125 other leading authorities, present all of the latest knowledge about the genetics, neurophysiology, psychology, and assessment of every type of pain syndrome. They also provide practical guidance on the full range of today’s pharmacologic, interventional, electrostimulative, physiotherapeutic, and psychological management options.
- Benefit from the international, multidisciplinary knowledge and experience of a “who’s who” of international authorities
- in pain medicine, neurology, neurosurgery, neuroscience, psychiatry, psychology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, palliative medicine, and other relevant fields.
- Translate scientific findings into clinical practice
- with updates on the genetics of pain, new pharmacologic and treatment information, and much more.
- Easily visualize important scientific concepts with a high-quality illustration program, now in full color throughout.
- Choose the safest and most effective management methods with expanded coverage of anesthetic techniques.
- Stay abreast of the latest global developments regarding opioid induced hyperalgesia, addiction and substance abuse, neuromodulation and pain management, identification of specific targets for molecular pain, and other hot topics.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|