Neuromuscular Disorders, 2nd Edition (ORIGINAL PDF from Publisher)
by Anthony Amato, James Russell
A full-color text on neuromuscular disorders that bridges the gap between translational science and practical application
Neuromuscular Disorders is comprehensive in scope, yet concise enough to serve as a valuable point-of-care guide for your daily practice. Grounded by numerous reference sources and enhanced by the experience of two seasoned clinicians, this text provides a pragmatic approach in the evaluation and management of neuromuscular diseases. Here, in a single-source, you will get an insightful look at both nerve and muscle conditions, ranging from motor neuron disease to neuropathies, neuromuscular junction disorders, and myopathies.
Every chapter in this edition has been rewritten, in many cases extensively, with the addition of contemporary citations. The content reflects the latest advances in the imaging, genetic, and immunological tools now at our disposal to understand and diagnose many neuromuscular disorders.
- Three new chapters covering the principles of immunomodulating treatment and the rehabilitation of neuromuscular diseases and other disorders that may be mistaken as neuromuscular mimics
- A unique blend of evidence-based medicine with the personal experiences of veteran clinicians
- Convenient coverage of nerve, and muscle and neuromuscular transmission disorders—both primary and secondary neuromuscular diseases
- Specific disease sections encompass the range of conditions likely to be encountered in clinical practice, including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, radiculopathies and plexopathies, mononeuropathies, various polyneuropathies, toxic myopathies, and dozens more
- The very latest diagnosis and treatment recommendations and protocols based on the most recent clinical literature and research
- Hundreds of figures including original art, EMGs, histopathology images, and clinical photos
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|