Quality and Safety in Nursing: A Competency Approach to Improving Outcomes, 3rd Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
Quality and Safety in Nursing
First published in 2012, Quality and Safety in Nursing was the first volume of its kind to explore the role of the nursing community in improving quality of care and patient safety. Now in its third edition, this comprehensive resource remains essential reading for all those involved in equipping current and future nurses with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes (KSAs) needed to deliver exceptional care.
The new edition begins with an overview of the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) initiative and its origins in the Future of Nursing report published in 2010, before defining each of the six QSEN competencies: patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, evidence based practice, quality improvement, safety and informatics. The content incorporates the 2020-2030 Future of Nursing recommendations, as well as the 2021 AACN Essentials for Education competencies. Finally, the text presents both teaching and clinical application strategies for building and implementing a culture of quality and safety across settings.
- Integrates QSEN competencies in simulation and provides new instructional and practice approaches
- Features redesigned chapters for reimagining classroom and clinical learning, applying reflective practices and transforming education and practice through inter-professional teamwork
- Provides new case studies and personal accounts highlighting key principles and their application in real-world scenarios
- Contains new and expanded material on assessment and evaluation, transition to practice, leadership and management, and primary, outpatient, and ambulatory care
- Offers a new discussion of future research directions and global perspectives on quality and safety
Quality and Safety in Nursing, Third Edition is required reading for graduate students in nursing education programs, faculty in nursing schools, nursing and healthcare educators, clinical nurse specialists, clinical administrators, and those working in professional development and quality improvement.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 3rd edition (December 13, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 560 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119684234
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119684237
File Size : 5 MB