Oncology Rehabilitation: A Comprehensive Guidebook for Clinicians (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Deborah Doherty, Chris Wilson, Lori Boright
Use evidence-based intervention techniques to care for persons diagnosed and living with and beyond cancer! Oncology Rehabilitation: A Comprehensive Guidebook for Clinicians describes the adverse effects caused by cancer treatment and shows how to use oncology rehabilitation to optimize the quality of life for persons living with and beyond cancer at all stages of life. Guidelines help you build skills in pre-diagnosis, prevention of cancer-related fatigue and pain, active treatment, and end-of-life care, all as an integral part of an interdisciplinary cancer management team. Written by physical therapists for physical therapists, this text provides best practices for manual therapy, exercise testing and exercise programs, and treatment of adverse effects by body system throughout the patient’s cancer journey.
- Coverage of physical therapy patient management includes acute care, outpatient, and multidisciplinary clinical settings, along with in-depth therapeutic management interventions.
- Content on the continuum of cancer care addresses the primordial, primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary stages in prevention and treatment.
- Focus on clinicians includes the professional roles, responsibilities, self-care, and values of the oncology rehabilitation clinician as an integral member of the cancer care team.
- Information on inseparable contextual factors helps in dealing with administrative infrastructure and support, advocacy, payment, and reimbursement of rehabilitation as well as public policy.
- Evidence Summary and Key Points boxes highlight important information for quick, at-a-glance reference.
- Clinical case studies and review questions enhance your critical thinking skills and help you prepare for board certification, specialty practice, and/or residency.
- Enhanced eBook version― included with print purchase― allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Resources in theeBook include videos, board-review questions, case studies, and a curriculum map to highlight and demonstrate the correlationto the requirements for Oncology Rehabilitation Residency programs and the board certification exam.
- Guidebook approach provides immediate, meaningful application for the practicing oncology rehabilitation clinician.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st edition (November 18, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 848 pages
- ISBN-10 : 032381087X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323810876
- ISBN-13 : 9780323810876