Consumer Health & Integrative Medicine: A Holistic View of Complementary and Alternative Medicine Practice, 2nd Edition
Updates to the Second Edition include:
– NEW! – The title of the book has changed from Complementary and Alternative Medicine for Health Professionals to Consumer Health and Integrative Medicine to place a greater light on the consumer health and integrative medicine aspects of the text.
– REVISED! – Chapter 5, Conventional Medicine and Health Care, has brand new information on health insurance coverage and cost of personal health in lieu of the Affordable Care Act. All new considerations on how the ACA has impacted American heath care.
– REVISED! – A new section in Chapter 14 addresses Mindfulness and its role in Mind-Body Intervention
– REVISED! – A new section in Chapter 15 regarding the human biofield, as well as a whole new section of classroom activities
– REVISED! – Chapter 16 now addresses the Ephedra controversy of the early 2000s, and also addresses more specific types of quackery by topic area.
– UPDATED! – New research and statistics has been incorporated throughout the book regarding the various complementary and alternative methodologies, as well as strengthen information on evidence-based research into CAM and incorporated more information related to how these fit into current Western medicine environments.
- Paperback: 340 pages
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 2 edition (October 15, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1284144127
- ISBN-13: 978-1284144123
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 0.8 x 10.8 inches