Complementary and Alternative Medicinal Approaches for Enhancing Immunity (EPUB)
By Mehwish Iqbal
Ancient therapeutic systems have played a tremendous role in health preservation all around the globe for thousands of years; even the earliest humans on earth had used these approaches along with simple surgical procedures for the betterment of their health. Complementary and Alternative Medicinal Approaches for Enhancing Immunity examines various aspects of health and diseases and the importance of basic but essential factors for the preservation of health and management of diseases.
Concisely written, the author discusses ancient ways to enhance self-healing abilities and stimulate the immune system such as, fasting, meditation, acupuncture, cupping therapy, balneotherapy and aromatherapy. The importance of nutrition and diet is also examined as it plays a crucial role in the prevention and causation of diseases.
Additional features include:
- Discusses how the integration of various CAM modalities helps in enhancing self-healing abilities and boosts the human immune system.
- Contains various topics from different systems of medicines that are taught widely as individual courses or discussed broadly in several institutes.
- Reviews Eastern pharmacotherapy and how using certain herbs, minerals, and animal-based products aids in maintaining health and alleviating diseases.
Using evidence-based knowledge taken from ancient literature and recently published articles, this book will inform readers on the importance of holistic health approaches and some ancient treatment modalities that enhance the immune system to combat diseases.
- Editorial : CRC Press; 1er edición (24 Agosto 2022)
- Idioma : Inglés
- Tapa dura : 504 páginas
- ISBN-10 : 1032199415
- ISBN-13 : 978-1032199412
- Peso del Artículo : 2.5 pounds
- Dimensiones : 7 x 1.13 x 10 pulgadas