Rabies: Clinical Considerations and Exposure Evaluations (Original PDF from Publisher)
Written by leaders in medicine and veterinary medicine, this compact volume is a practical, up-to-date resource for information and recommendations on potential and actual rabies cases. Useful for medical, veterinary, and public health personnel, it helps you quickly determine the correct steps to follow regarding a possible rabies exposure, including assessing the situation, determining diagnosis and treatment options, and answering questions from patients and clients about the virus. Clear, concise explanations and illustrations ensure that you have the most up-to-date information available at your fingertips in time-sensitive situations.
- Presents real-life examples of potential rabies exposures that can be readily accessed and implemented.
- Explains how to determine if postexposure prophylaxis (PEP) is warranted, provides patient education and prevention tips, and contains case studies that show how to respond to real-life questions from patients and clients.
- Includes pertinent coverage of common myths and legends of rabies.
- Consolidates today’s available information and guidance into a single, convenient resource.
- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 1 edition (April 3, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323639798
- ISBN-13: 978-0323639798
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.5 x 9 inches