Neurosurgical Diseases: An Evidence-Based Approach to Guide Practice (EPUB)
By Leon Lai, Cristian Gragnaniello
A structured, evidence-based approach to neurosurgical decision-making for brain pathologies
Evidence-based neurosurgery is one of the most important pillars upon which to build decision management pathways. Effective delivery of care involves understanding the natural history of the disease and the evidence behind available treatment options. Neurosurgical Diseases: An Evidence-Based Approach to Guide Practice by esteemed neurosurgeons Leon T. Lai, Cristian Gragnaniello, and expert contributors covers cranial pathologies neurosurgeons commonly encounter in everyday practice.
The book combines a structured approach to evidence-based neurosurgery with expert opinions, analysis of up-to-date clinical data, understanding of patient preferences and values, and firsthand experiences to facilitate translation of evidence into clinical practice. Twenty-seven consistently formatted chapters are each dedicated to a different disease state, including brain tumors, cerebrovascular disease, Cushing’s disease, traumatic brain injury, trigeminal neuralgia, and normal pressure hydrocephalus. All chapters include an introduction, current statistics and data, natural history of the pathology, selected papers for further reading, procedural options and outcomes, and recommended treatment protocols from the authors.
- Key content summarized in reader-friendly bullets, diagrams, tables, and illustrative figures enhances acquisition of knowledge
- Discussion of new developments including treatment recommendations for primary and metastatic brain tumors
- Statistical data on cerebral aneurysm treatment outcomes and recommendations for treatment
- New protocols for treating head trauma, closed head injuries, and spontaneous intracranial hemorrhage
This essential resource will help neurosurgical residents and junior neurosurgeons make challenging surgical treatment decisions for complex conditions, clearly and concisely and based on the best evidence.
- Publisher : Thieme; 1st edition (January 7, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 256 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1684200512
- ISBN-13 : 978-1684200511