Jackson’s Local Flaps in Head and Neck Reconstruction, 3rd edition (Original PDF from Publisher+Videos)
By Peter Neligan, J. Brian Boyd, David Mathes
The essential, step-by-step surgical guide on reconstructive flaps for head and facial defects
Often referred to as the mirror of the soul, the face is indelibly entwined with a person’s appearance and personality. This presents a particular challenge when reconstructive surgery is required. The goal of every reconstructive surgeon is to repair damage as inconspicuously as possible with minimal scarring while restoring prior function. Jackson’s Local Flaps in Head and Neck Reconstruction, Third Edition by renowned plastic surgeons Peter C. Neligan, J. Brian Boyd, and David Mathes honors the two widely acclaimed prior editions of this landmark resource by the late master plastic surgeon, educator, and prolific author Ian T. Jackson. The new edition features updated and streamlined content, simplified references, colorized illustrations, and procedural videos.
The book includes nine chapters, starting with two foundational chapters that discuss the advantages of local flaps, skin biomechanics, surgical planning, principles of skin and soft tissue movement, the utility of Burow’s triangles, and use of diverse flaps, followed by patient management. Each of the procedural chapters focuses on a specific area, with step-by-step reconstruction techniques for the scalp, forehead, eyelids, nasal area, cheeks, ears, and lips. The reader-friendly book provides plastic surgeons of all levels with a simple yet elegant approach to managing reconstructive problems commonly encountered in practice.
- Firsthand pearls on recently introduced flaps including perforator and propeller
- Each procedural chapter includes discussion of impacted anatomy and aesthetics, imaging, different types of flaps, challenges, surgical pearls, and summary tables for quick review
- Abundant illustrations and operative photos depict step-by-step solutions for reconstructive challenges of the head and neck
- Twenty-two high-quality surgical videos provide visual insights on how to treat specific defects using a diverse spectrum of flap techniques
All aesthetic and reconstructive surgeons will benefit from consulting this invaluable, reader-friendly resource for daily practice based on the beloved classic.
- Publisher : Thieme; 3rd edition (December 9, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 388 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1626238103
- ISBN-13 : 978-1626238107
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.