Drug-Induced Sleep Endoscopy: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Applications (EPUB)
By Nico de Vries
The definitive resource on the innovative use of DISE for obstructive sleep apnea
Obstructive sleep apnea is the most prevalent sleep-related breathing disorder, impacting an estimated 1.36 billion people worldwide. In the past, OSA was almost exclusively treated with Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), however, dynamic assessment of upper airway obstruction with Drug-Induced Sleep Endoscopy (DISE) has been instrumental in developing efficacious alternatives. Drug-Induced Sleep Endoscopy: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Applications by Nico de Vries, Ottavio Piccin, Olivier Vanderveken, and Claudio Vicini is the first textbook on DISE written by world-renowned sleep medicine pioneers.
Twenty-four chapters feature contributions from an impressive group of multidisciplinary international experts. Foundational chapters encompass indications, contraindications, informed consent, organization and logistics, patient preparation, and drugs used in DISE. Subsequent chapters focus on treatment outcomes, the role of DISE in therapeutic decision making and upper airway stimulation, pediatric sleep endoscopy, craniofacial syndromes, advanced techniques, and more.
- Comprehensive video library highlights common and rare DISE findings
- A full spectrum of sleep disordered breathing and OSA topics, from historic to future perspectives
- Insightful clinical pearls on preventing errors and managing complications including concentric and epiglottis collapse
- Discussion of controversial DISE applications including oral appliances and positional and combination therapies
This unique book is essential reading for otolaryngology residents, fellows, and surgeons. Clinicians in other specialties involved in sleep medicine will also benefit from this reference, including pulmonologists, neurologists, neurophysiologists, maxillofacial surgeons, and anesthesiologists.
- Publisher : Thieme; 1st edition (January 5, 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 148 pages
- ISBN-10 : 3132403466
- ISBN-13 : 978-3132403468