Clinical Cases in Tropical Medicine, 2nd edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
by Camilla Rothe MD DTM&H (Author)
Using an easily accessible, highly templated format, Clinical Cases in Tropical Medicine, 2nd Edition, provides more than 100 realistic scenarios for tropical infectious diseases. Full-color photographs and maps, a convenient question-and-answer presentation, and succinct summary boxes help you identify and understand the tropical diseases you’re likely to encounter. This up-to-date 2nd Edition is an excellent resource and study tool for infectious diseases fellows, doctors preparing for exams in tropical medicine, primary care doctors with patients who are global travelers, and global health nurses and practitioners alike.
- Offers realistic scenarios for encountering patients in rural, resource-poor settings, presenting cases as “unknowns,” just as in a real clinic or emergency situation.
- Covers newly emerging diseases such as Zika virus, severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome (SFTS), and knowlesi malaria.
- Features topics in migrant medicine of particular importance to clinicians in non-tropical countries, including louse-borne-relapsing fever, spinal brucellosis, and hyperreactive malarial splenomegaly.
- Includes “classic” tropical diseases such as African trypanosomiasis, chagas, leprosy, and yaws.
- Reflects the use of novel diagnostics used in resource-poor settings, as well as developing drug resistance in relevant cases.
- Serves as a companion to Manson’s Tropical Diseases, with a reading list at the end of each case referring to the corresponding chapter in the larger text. Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 2nd edition (December 29, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 320 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0702078794
- ISBN-13 : 978-0702078798
- ISBN-13 : 9780702078798
- eText ISBN: 9780702078804