Addressing Systemic Racism and Disparate Mental Health Outcomes for Youth of Color, An Issue of Child And Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics (The Clinics: Internal Medicine, Volume 31-2) (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Lisa Fortuna MD MPH M.Div, Cheryl S. Al Mateen M.D. FAACAP DLFAPA, Lisa M. Cullins MD, W. David Lohr MD DFAPA DFAACAP
In this issue of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics, guest editors Drs. Lisa Fortuna, Cheryl S. Al-Mateen, Lisa M. Cullins, and W. David Lohr bring their considerable expertise to the topic of Systemic Racism and Disparate Mental Health Outcomes for Youth of Color. This issue represents a collaboration by American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry committee members and includes contributions by top experts in the field. It is an invaluable resource for practicing psychiatrists looking to address the unique needs and experiences of black and BIPOC youth in their practices.
- Contains 15 relevant, practice-oriented topics including the intersection of race and ethnicity with mental health service utilization in foster care youth; understanding systemic racism and racial inequity juvenile justice system involvement; racial disparities in the education system; suicide among minoritized and marginalized youth; trauma and youth of color; parenting and family-based care; and more.
- Provides in-depth clinical reviews on systemic racism and disparate mental health outcomes for youth of color, offering actionable insights for clinical practice.
- Presents the latest information on this timely, focused topic under the leadership of experienced editors in the field. Authors synthesize and distill the latest research and practice guidelines to create clinically significant, topic-based reviews.
- Publisher : Elsevier (April 15, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 240 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323987656
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323987653
- ISBN-13 : 9780323987653
- eText ISBN: 9780323987660