Motivational Interviewing: Principles and Practical Applications 2016- Videos + PDF
File Size : 520Mb
Help your patients change the behaviors negatively impacting their health with the evidence-based counseling style presented in this introduction to Motivational Interviewing.
Motivate Your Patients to Improve Their Health
Learn how to help your patients change the behaviors negatively impacting their health with the evidence-based counseling style presented in Motivational Interviewing: Principles and Practices. These negative behaviors or habits may include substance abuse, alcohol abuse, overeating and/or unhealthy diets, lack of exercise, and managing the symptoms of physical or mental illness.
This program is an introduction to the techniques of motivational interviewing. Gain insights into the assumptions of motivational interviewing regarding a patient’s ambivalence to change and learn how to resolve that ambivalence. The program underlines the four core principles of motivational interviewing and how to include these into your practice: (1) expressing empathy; (2) rolling with resistance; (3) developing discrepancy; and (4) supporting self-efficacy.
Discover New Guidelines
This learn-at-your-own-pace course in motivational interviewing provides a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Available online or on disk, it provides access to unbiased, evidence-based content and case-based reviews so you can expand your knowledge and incorporate the latest guidelines into your daily practice.
View our full list of Topics/Speakers, Faculty, Accreditation and Media Format information.
- Emerging Psychotherapies: Mindfulness Based Therapies and Integrative Health Coaching – Michael R. Clark, MD, MPH, MBA
- Emerging Psychotherapies: Acceptance & Commitment Therapy and Motiviational Interviewing –Michael R. Clark, MD, MPH, MBA
- The Causal Model of MI: Proposed Pathways and Empirical Support – Molly Magill, PhD
- Essentials of Motivational Interviewing: Change Talk: Three Tasks to Promote Intrinsic Motivation –Brad Lundahl, PhD
- Essentials of Motivational Interviewing: Finding focus: Strategies for arriving upon agreed upon goals – Brad Lundahl, PhD
- Motivational Interviewing & the Chronic Care Model of Disease: Emphasizing Self-Management Support and Skills in Health Behavior Change Counseling – Sharone A. Abramowitz, MD
- Motivational Interviewing & Competence: Assessing Skills in Health Care Trainees with Motivational Interviewing Skills for Health Care Encounters (MISHCE) – Tatjana Petrova, PhD
- Motivational Interviewing & Substance Use Disorders: Using Motivational Interviewing to Improve Treatment Seeking in Injection Drug Users – Michael Kidorf, PhD
- Brief Opportunistic Interactions Precedes Motivational Interviewing: Early Detection and Prevention of Problem Behaviors – Timothy W. Kenealy, PhD
OakStone price $595
Date of Original Release: April 30, 2016
Date Credits Expire: April 30, 2019
File Size : 520Mb
File : MP4 / HD HIGH RESOLUTION
Note : We will send ebook download link after confirmation of payment via paypal success
Payment methods: Visa or master card (Paypal)